Friday, January 20, 2012

... the rest is still unwritten


This week marked the official start of on campus classes for me.  I am taking mostly online classes so it was really good to be back in a classroom setting.  Even though I knew no one in my Civil Litigation class, I felt far more at ease than I did last year at this time.  I possess far more confidence than I did last year, which is probably partially due to the fact that I have a kick - - - GPA, employment in a law office, and probably at that moment an inflated ego, due to the fact that my personal unpaid therapist and gym buddy who is near and dear to my heart, told me how awesome I was five minutes before the class started!! I have one other class on campus, which starts next week on Tuesday nights, Employment Law, which I imagine will be filled with familiar faces.   As for online classes, let me tell you people, you must be self-disciplined and practice major time management skills for these. Take it from the girl who was submitting assignments at 10pm last night that were due by midnight.  Although now that football season is over in Titletown, Sunday is going to be homework day!!!

Now I know I talked all big about my disdain for New Year’s Resolutions, and how I was going to forego them this year, as I never stick to them.  Well, I lied. Sort of.  I have taken “baby steps” in the form of making Planet Fitness my second home and vowing to use a hairdryer every day of my life from this point on.  I have also taken steps towards becoming a more positive person and surrounding myself with others who do the same.  So if you know me and notice anything different, please respect the fact that for once in my life I am choosing not to “announce it”.  Sometimes the quiet changes that you just ease into are the ones that make the biggest difference.  I keep telling myself change is good.... so I have been switching it up a bit. I am no longer obsessed with parking in spot number 28 at work (claiming it as MY parking spot) and using the elliptical machine in the second row on the end every day. Maybe if I park in a different spot every day and use a different piece of equipment for my work out needs, I can learn to get my feet out of the quicksand and embrace a life that is ever-changing.

Since I am working many more hours at this point, I wanted to close this post by saying hello weekend; it’s good to be back, I have missed you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment