Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Race to Freeze Time


Today, as I was finishing up my work day and organizing tonight’s homework, notes and books, I realized that I am over halfway done with the race toward my degree.  (When you are 40, everything is a race, in case you are curious about that analogy.  Simply an analogy, as anyone who truly knows me will know three famous words of mine, “I DON’T run!”  In fact, if you went to high school with me, you might understand that races are not for me, considering I don’t think I even knew our school had a gym until graduation!)  It is a slightly bittersweet feeling.  The overachiever in me wants to be done and put the degree to good use.  But there is this other part of me that just wants time to stop.  I had a job a few years ago that I did not care for as much as I should have.  During the few years I worked there, a co-worker and I had a saying, “Let’s just freeze Sunday.”  There are days that I feel that way about classes and my current situation in life, why can’t we just freeze time?  Not so much just Sundays but life in general.  I am lucky to feel this way, as so many people want a rewind button or a do-over option in life.  Not me. Not on this day.  So even though my to-do list keeps getting longer, and my patience with it often gets shorter, I don’t have much to complain about. 

Tuesdays are perhaps the longest days in the history of the world for me these days.  I get up, take kids to school, go to the gym, go to work, try to squeeze in a little cleaning and homework, then off to my night class, home to eat dinner and maybe if I am lucky a little bit of sleep.  Make the most of your day today people reading this blog.  Treat yourself to a _ _ _waffle today and today put some extra syrup on it.  Have a good one. 

1 comment: